SHRM offers two levels of certification
- SHRM-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- SHRM-Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
Key benefits of the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP
- Are 100% focused on the competencies and knowledge all HR professionals need to lead in today’s business community.
- Are based on a single, comprehensive SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) and are relevant worldwide, giving professionals the recognition and flexibility to use their knowledge, skills and competencies anywhere their career takes them.
- Are competency and knowledge based – to ensure the professional’s ability to demonstrate what they know, and what they can do with their knowledge in a variety of situations they encounter.
- Are based on in-depth research focused on —and backed by— global employers and business leaders and reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
- Recognize diversity in the HR profession.
Certification Handbook: http://forms.shrm.org/forms/shrm-certification-handbook
To obtain information on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP, go to www.SHRMcertification.org and click on “Learn More”.
Seeking HR certification for the first time?
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy. This professional distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills.
The new SHRM certification preparation materials (Learning System) are available for self-study. www.shrm.org/certification/learning/pages/default.aspx
For information on SHRM certifications –go to www.shrmcertification.org and click on “I am Seeking Certification”.
Once you obtain your SHRM Certification, you will begin a three-year SHRM recertification cycle.
For information on recertification, go to www.SHRMcertification.org and click on SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Recertification Information.
Frequently Asked SHRM Certification Questions
Learn more about the SHRM Certifications
SHRM’S Certification program FAQ’s
For more information
Phone (U.S. only): 800.283.7476, option 3